Sunday, November 13, 2011

Operation Write Home Was a Success!

I have some pictures from the Operation Write Home Event last night--and I wish I had taken more photos.


 These are the M&M Treat Bags that I made to sell at our table on the concourse.  We did not sell most of them, so I am taking what is left to the Wauwatosa Ronald McDonald House.
These are little boxes that hold a Tic-Tac mint box.  There are two different Thanksgiving designs and we sold most of them.  I think I have only 4 or 5 left.

The picture below--sorry is a bit blurry--is of the tall tables in the suite that had the stacks of cards kits. We had over 150 kits ready to go--too bad there were only 12 of us making cards and barely made a dent in the number.
We may actually do another night later this season and will do it again next year.

The final picture is of Laurie, the organizer of this awesome event, being interviewd by Matt Malone, the announcer at the Bradley Center for the Admirals.  They asked her about the mission of OWH.  She did a great job and did not look nervous at all.

 

Laurie was also honored later in the game with a medal that put over her neck that said something about being a 2011-2012 Admirals Supporter.  She was on the scoreboard again!  She is an avid Admirals supporter, a season ticket holder and did an outstanding job setting all up of this fantastic event.  Way to go Laurie!

 
We made over $300--from raffle tickets, donations and items sold at the table in the concourse.  That money will be donated to OWH to use for shipping of their cards.  I think that is a great start for an event that will only grow more and more in the future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That would be fun to be a part of.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Congratulations Barb, your job looks awesome!!!

April said...

I so wish I lived closer so that I could have helped you out! You sure are an inspiration!

Melina said...

looks like it was a great success! I love those little candy and tic tac holders! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed with this fundraiser, etc. Very nicely done! And a huge success!!!