Thursday, January 3, 2019

One Plus Twelve Challenge


Welcome to One Plus Twelve.  What is that? Well, the Three Musketeers and the Ready-Set-Go Trio--Kelly, Jeanette and Me have started another monthly challenge!  This is the brainchild of a 3 am idea that Kelly recently had about stretching her stamps in new and creative ways!  So, she asked if we wanted to participate in this challenge.  Sure--what is the plan?  Use one stamp on a card every month for one year.  Got it--one stamp set.  Wrong--just one stamp from that stamp set.  Huh?  Just one stamp--used twelve different ways?  Yes, that is correct-however, you may add a sentiment if you want!   So--One Stamp/Twelve Months--our new challenge is here today!  

It was decided to post each month on the third--for the third challenge for the three of us!  So--today is it--our first One plus Twelve card!  We/I had to be selective in the stamp chosen for this challenge.  It would not be just to color it up and use a different layout each month.  The challenge is to use the stamp in more creative ways each month!  So--I actually picked my favorite stamp set--Stampin' Up's Lovely as a Tree and chose the image I felt would be most versatile for me to use.  I do love this set and wonder each year for the past few summer's, if this would be the year it is retired from the catalog.  Not Yet--it hangs in there!  It is one of the first Stampin' Up sets that I ordered, if not the very first!

For that challenge this month, I made a split negative card. I heat embossed the set of trees twice.  For the left side, I used white embossing powder on black cardstock and the right side, is black powder on white cardstock.  I then cut each image down the middle and layered each half back together--for a contrasting image, called Split Negative! I added the sentiment sparkle along with some glittery silver enamel dots.  There is much more sparkle and shine on the card than the picture shows--a great card for the first week in January!



Here is the inside of my card:



Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set is picked and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! We will be back each month, for 11 more times, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd of February!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree

Cardstock: Recollections 110# White, Stampin' Up Basic Black, Basic Gray, Urban Underground Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Versamark; Stampin' Up Black and White Embossing Powder

Accessories:  Silver Glitter Enamel Dots; Black and White Stitched Ribbon



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! I am almost speechless, Barb (I know that doesn't happen, does it?) This card is stunning... loving the split negative technique with the stamp you chose. Perfect!

I'm going to look forward to seeing your talent with this stamp 11 more times. ;)

Donna said...

What a fun challenge Barb! I love this idea. I have this stamp too and it's one of my all time favorites. You did a beautiful job on this card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning way to use this image - that is a favourite of mine too, but I have never tried this technique using it. Well done! Looking forward to next months card already, barb
Blessings
Maxine