Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Ready? Set. Go!


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and that means a Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers and the One Plus Twelve Ladies--Jeanette, Kelly and Me, are back with another challenge for March--our 22nd month!  We are now coming to the end year #2!



I provided the challenge for March: We post on March 20th and that is the first day of spring in 2019.  My challenge for you is to design a card or project that shows an obscure sign of spring—not the typical rain boots, birds, umbrellas, etc.  It can be something that you remember from being young or something from school that you recall. Or, do some research on the web to see how spring is celebrated in other countries or any uncommon sign of spring!  Ready, Set, GO!

I did the research option and looked to see if there was any interesting ways spring is celebrated in Germany.  I found a website that was titled--10 days Germans welcome spring.  Perfect!  One of the items noted is many German families head to theme parks in the spring to celebrate spring and the end of a long winter.  I thought I would go with that! 

I inked up a fun Stampin' Up set called Carousel Birthday.  I picked some fun spring colors to make a cute Ferris Wheel full of cupcakes!


Here is the inside of my card:


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  Jeanette is  up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in April!   I am sure she will come up with a fun challenge!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Carousel Birthday

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper

Ink: Catherine Pooler Designs Icing on the Cake, Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo,

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Baker's Twine; White Enamel Dots



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... of course I love the tidbit of German knowledge - since I love to travel the world. And what a fun tradition they have to celebrate the arrival of spring.

Your card is colorful and such fun - love that Ferris Wheel! Sweet!!!

Your theme for this month was GREAT!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this image- filled with Cupcakes! Love it! That is the way it is here in the area where we live- about an hour from an amusement park, and the kids cannot wait to go once it gets warm enough!

MiamiKel said...

Oh gosh, how absolutely delightful! I love the fun image and the bursts of colors - and the darling little ferris wheel of cupcakes. Too cute! I CANNOT believe we both had the exact same challenge idea, LOL! I guess I know where our hearts - and heritage - are!
Thank you for a fabulous challenge this month - it was a wonderful trip down memory lane for me! ♥