Thursday, May 16, 2019

Ready? Set. Go! Times 2


Today is not the third Wednesday of the month--I am a day late, but I do have  my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for May-our 24th month!  We are now finishing year #2 and will be back to start year 3 in June!



Kelly provided the challenge for May: This month, we are taking a step back into the glorious 1970's!  In a time where hair was defined by icons like Farrah Fawcett and bell bottoms were all the rage, and bicycles had banana seats and candies like Mary Janes and bottle caps were favored, and the average of a new house cost $23,400! The 1970's was an era of eclectic style and music. It was considered to be a golden age for vinyl records and Sony Walkman permanently changed the music game!

So turn back the radio dial and hear ONE SONG on the radio. Who's voice do you hear? Create a card with that song AND artist in mind ~ using the song title/song lyrics to create a card for the May 2019 RSG. For the extra challenge, use one element on your card described in the song  (i.e., dice, pink flower, blue sky, etc - you get the idea!)

Ready? Set? Go!

So--I graduated from high school early in the 70's, spent 4 years of college listening to tons of music and started my career of teaching the end of the 70's.  I loved so many groups from the 70's and many song still are played on the radio or on my bluetooth from various sources.  I had a hard time deciding what to create and then to come up with a stamp for it.

First, I wanted to use one of my favorites from 1970--Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon & Garfunkel.  However, I could not find anything in my stash or even a digital one to buy.  So, I came up with plan B and actually used two songs--extra credit here Kelly!


I went to my Melonheadz file and found a great set called Road Trip.  I was on the Design Team for a bit, so I have a pretty good selection of some of their great digital images. The song I created my card for is "We are Family" by Sister Sledge.  It came out in 1979--and I remember singing that often when it came on the radio.  My card features a family of three children, heading out on a road trip, stopping for a Polaroid by the mountains!  

My extra credit is found on the inside of my card--The Long and Winding Road, release in 1970 by the Beatles!  I have now the beginning and end of the 70's in my card.


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  I am up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in June!  

Image/Sentiment:  Melonheadz Road Trip Digital Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Pacific Point, Garden Green

Ink: None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Arrows Embossing Folder; Blue Baker's Twine; Compass Brad




3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Barb - I remember those songs.... and I love your use of the image to illustrate your song(s). A fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is such a fun card and brings back memories of our time together on the MelonHeadz DT. But I do have to say - you're trying to be teacher's pet, aren't you? Two songs! I concede... Kelly likes you best. ;)

MiamiKel said...

Oh wow, I commented last night (via iphone) and it's not here - which means your blog has joined the ranks of not accepting comments from my phone :( BUT! I did say that your card was WOW!!! Your coloring skills are masterful! I love the shading and blending - well done! Super play on the cool songs - I know both of them well :) Very cute, inside and out! Lastly, Jeanette, that would be INCORRECT! LOL xx