Monday, June 3, 2019

Sponged Background for Lovely as a Tree


This is my One Plus Twelve, month 6!  This is the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month--but we may add a sentiment if we want!  One Stamp/Twelve Months-here we go into our sixth month of one plus 12--we are half way through!  We are to post on the 3rd of each month, reflecting the three of us and our three challenges we currently do together--3 Musketeers, our first challenge along with Ready, Set Go and now this one! 

As a mentioned for my first card in January,  I picked my favorite Stampin Up set--Lovely as a Tree.  It is now retired and it does make me a bit sad.........   For my challenge this month, I used some Tim Holtz Distressed Inks and my new make-up brushes for blending.  They sure are sweet to use!  I know that I will use these more in the future as I love the way they blend together on the cardstock.  




Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set is picked and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! We will be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd of July.

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree/Sentiment inside Altenew Heartfelt Sentiments

Cardstock: Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive

Ink:  Stampin' Up Mango Melody; Tim Holtz Distressed Inks Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral, Scattered Straw

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Crushed Curry Baker's Twine; 




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Barb, this card is sooooo pretty! Love the sponging! Your One Plus Twelve cards are always fabulous, showcasing that gorgeous stamp!

Donna said...

So pretty Barb! I love this set. It's always been one of my favorites. Great card!

Aracelli Merla said...

Stunning, sponged background. I can't believe they have retired this set. It is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.