Thursday, August 15, 2019

9th Anniversary


It is the 15th of the month and that means I am showing you a new Dueling Darlings card.  For our August Challenge, Kelly and Jeanette are the hostesses--and they are our leaders!!!!! They decided on the theme-Humorous!   Jeanette is one of the Dazzlers and Kelly is Diva, like me, and we are all Dueling Darlings!  And, we have been doing this since August of 2010--this is our 9th anniversary!

Kelly sent us this sweet Newton's Nook image called Winston's Honeybees.  She included some great sentiments.  She also sent us some pretty patterned paper along with a variety of fun embellishments. This was fun card to make.


Here is the inside of my card:





I hope all of the Darlings enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. We will be here in September, so be sure to check back!  Judy and Donna are the hostesses for September!

There are a few members who do not have blogs:  Suzy and Terry S who both are on the Diva team and Debby who is a Dazzlers.  You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!

Image/Sentiment: Newton's Nook Winston's Honeybees

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green; Pebbles Family Ties Patterned Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Markers; Brown Twine; SU Circle Punches; Memory Box Wrapped Circle Dies




12 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, yours is the first Diva card I've seen, so you had the honor of revealing the Diva goodies to me... and you did it with such pizzazz. Love that cute little bear! And what a great design on your card with everything placed perfectly! I'm glad we get to duel together each month!

Donna said...

Great card Barb! Love your coloring of the cute bear and his buzzing friends. Great design! Have a honey of a day!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Adorable image & sentiment!!! Looks like a very sweet kit!

MiamiKel said...

Adorable card, Barb! Love the pop of pink on his bucket!

Suzy said...

Very sweet card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

How cool is that die cut you used?! It looks really good behind the image with your touch of hemp cord. Very cute card!

Carol W said...

I love your card both inside and out. I love the clean lines the way you used the twine and fussy cut the bees and mounted the little sentiment on the front. Great job with this kit my sweet friend.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a cute card. I really like how you have those bees flying around the pot of honey. Fabulous work on the challenge.

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the DP you used! Your layout is awesome and I love the little bees!

kiwimeskreations said...

Your wee bear looks a little frazzled at the company of the bees Barb - a gorgeous card
Blessings
Maxine

terry serman said...

Very cute! I like your wonky circle die!

HeatherB said...

Adorable!!! Love it.