Tuesday, June 2, 2020

June-A New Technique


It is the first Tuesday in June and time for my A Card A Week Challenge!  This is my first card for the month, with the new theme of using a new technique.  This card is using a fun technique that my demo Sarah showed recently on her daily Facebook Live!  It is easy and a fun way to use up scraps!

I picked a colorful Jillibean Soup 6x6 patterned paper pack that I cut in various strips.  Some were cut at an angle and some were straight.  They were then attached to cardstock for a bright background.  I then cut Taylored Expressions Script Thanks three times and layered over the matching backer die.  I added a sentiment from a Hero Arts stamp and cut set. 


Here is the inside of my card:



I like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I hope you will stop back next week to see what the next new technique for June!

Image/Sentiment:  Hero Arts Thanks Stamp and Cut

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Whisper White; Jillibean Soup Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Taylored Expressions Thanks Script and Backer Die



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Gorgeous use of DP, Barb... your card looks fabulous!

kiwimeskreations said...

A really pretty card Barb - love your background
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

I love this card and the technique. Will definitely have to remember to use this technique. Great job on this card.