Sunday, June 28, 2020

Life's a Beach


Today I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 42nd month of de-stashing-we are into our 4th year of our challenges. 

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Kari posted our June challenge--Life's a Beach!  I picked one of my favorite summer Whipper Snapper Designs wood stamps--and I have had it for many years!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and added some Wink of Stella to the water and the sun.  The background is some fun water themed patterned paper from Bella Blvd called Seashore from the Secrets of the Sea line.  The only embellishment is some orange baker's twine.  


Here is the inside of my card:


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days.  There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSJUN.  You might see many cards there is you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For July, Jeanette is up.  Be sure to check back to see what we create!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Chicken Vacation

Cardstock:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Stampin' Up Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana; Bella Blvd Secrets of the Sea-Seashore

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Orange Baker's Twine




5 comments:

Suzy Sprague said...

Cute card, Barb!

R's Rue said...

So cute. I love it

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fun card Barb - love that stamp and you have made a lovely card with it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is so cute! Love that beach scene!!!

Margaret said...

Love this fun image. I've always loved scene cards. They can tell a fun story.