Sunday, July 12, 2020

Year One of Messes!


Today is time for another Hot Mess card and this is card number 12. We just completed our first year of posting cards--and getting messy!  The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 4--Terry, Jeanette, Kelly and me. We will post a card each month on the 12th.



For this month's messiness,  I tried another type of glimmer paste and I think the colors are so pretty.  It is Cosmic Shimmer Luna Paste and the color is Moonlight Sky.  I used a Picket Fence stencil called Waffle Square and trimmed the piece.  I layered over some blue Mirricard from The Paper Cut.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Cheers to Love and I die cut with Gina Marie Designs Venetian Labels.  There is a bit of dimension on the light blue layer as I used a We R Memories embossing folder called Geometric.  A few rhinestones are the final touch!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of Mirricard:


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry's and Kelly's blogs.  I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all be back each month for year number two, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on August 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Cheers to You

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Bashful Blue; The Paper Cut Blue Mirricard

Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy

Accessories:  Picket Fence Waffle Squares Stencil; Gina Marie Designs Venetian Labels; We R Memory Keepers Geometric Embossing Folder; Rhinestones; Cosmic Shimmer Luna Paste-Moonlight Sky



4 comments:

Carol W said...

wow what a pretty card. I love the looks of the color combination. You did a great job with this card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty - the paste gives an elegant flair to the design.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Barb, how striking - very bold colors that really balance well. I used glimmer paste and I totally get the MESSY part - great choice! TFS!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb this is stunning - loving the glimmer and shine using the Cosmic shimmer paste - I must get mine out and use them! You have inspired me
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine