Thursday, September 10, 2020

Stamp What?


Today is September 10th and is the 9th month of the Stamp What? challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me!  Kelly came up with the challenge to randomly pick a Stampin' Up set and make a card with that set.  Get the dust off of those forgotten Stampin' Up sets! 

I decided when this group challenge started to only use the wooden Stampin' Up stamps that are on my bottom shelves.  So this month, I randomly picked a set called Stella Stamper.  She is an oldie as the year 1999 is on the box.  I remember that she was a hot item on eBay and I think I found her at a stamping rummage sale--Score!

I inked Stella up and colored her with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I die cut the image with Whimsy Stamps Stitched Rectangles.  There are quite a funny sentiments in the set and I inked up one of them.  The background paper is a fun pattern also from Stampin' Up called Follow Your Art!  I added a some pink ribbon as the only embellishment!



Here is the inside of my card:



I like the colorful look of my card this month and I hope you do too.  Be sure to check out Jeanette and Kelly's cards--I am sure they have some fun cards with those "oldies but goodies" stamp sets by Stampin' Up!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Stella Stamper

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Blushing Bride, Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette 1/2" Seam Binding, Circle Punches; Whimsy Stamps Stitched Rectangles; Copic Sketch Markers




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I am in awe! I used to own this stamp set (I got it in a bundle of second-hand stamp sets) and never could convince myself to use it because coloring Stella seemed overwhelming. But look at you - you did a beautiful job! And that DP. WOW! It is perfect!

JD/ Jill said...

What an adorable (fun) card. Thanks for sharing.