Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Whale Done!


This is my October Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS and we are well in our 4th year.  Kelly is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:   Isaiah 34:2 says When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.

Challenge: 
One of my very favorite places to be is at the ocean - the smell of the salt in the air, the sound of the crashing waves, collecting sea shells. Create a card that shows your DEEP BLUE - the ocean, the sea, using blue as a predominant color, and something you'd see on/under the ocean.

I used a newer Stampin' Up stamp set called Whale Done.  The background paper is from the same suite called Whale of a Good Time! The whales were actually punched from the designer series paper with the whale builder punch from the same suite. They are layered over a circle die cut from a piece of vellum cardstock.  I added a few clear Sparkletz and some Pool Party Satin Ribbon.  I really like the look of this card! 



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope Kelly and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Vickie is up for our November challenge, so be sure to check back to see what I create!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Whale Done

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Class Crest Solar 110# White; Stampin' Up Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Vellum, Whale of a Good Time Designer Series Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral,

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Pool Party Satin Ribbon, Whale Builder Punch; Gina Marie Designs Double Stitched Circles; Buttons Galore Clear Sparkletz 




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is wonderful! Love those whale... awesome job!

MiamiKel said...

Oh gorgeous! I love everything about your under sea wonder and such a wonderful example of the beauty he gifts us! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing in the COF challenge this month! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful make Barb, and a great use of the challenge theme
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really pretty card and a great card for the challenge with this scripture verse!