Friday, January 8, 2021

At Home With Gnomes



I think 2020 and back into 2019 was the year of gnomes.  They were all over the place and especially in the stamping community.  All different kinds of gnomes for many different seasons and holidays.  But, I think some of the best ones are winter gnomes!  My stamping friend Jeanette did a series in 2020 where she made a card every month, using a different gnome image, and posted on her blog.  I loved looking at them whenever she posted those cute non-faces.  So-I asked her if she minded if I "borrowed" her theme for 2021 and she graciously said yes.  So-At Home With Gnomes was created!  Each month I will create a card using one of my many gnome images.  I do not have a set day for the post-but I do plan to make one every single month!

For my first card, I picked one of my winter gnome stamps from Whipper Snapper Designs called Gnome Sled. Isn't this a sweet image.   I colored these guys with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I picked some pretty patterned paper from Simple Stories called Cozy Christmas and used both sides-Red Flurries and Stripes
 for the background.  Three enamel dots are the final touches!  I think this is a fun card.



Here is the inside of my card:



I am sure I have more than enough gnome images to use a different one each month.  I will be back in February and will show you another gnome, so stay tuned!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Gnome Sled

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Island Indigo; Simple Stories Cozy Christmas Red Flurries/Stripes

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Enamel Dots;  Copic Sketch Markers




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I am so excited that you're doing this series... I'll be admiring your gnomes each and every month. This month's card has one of my most favorite gnome stamps on it. That trio is colored beautifully and your card is so fun! Love it!

Carol W said...

Cute, cute, cute card Barb both inside and out. Great job.

Jerry Voss said...

Thanks for possting this