Thursday, January 7, 2021

Calm Christmas



This is my January Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #6. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme.  Lisa is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture--Psalm 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 

Challenge--Use this verse to inspire your card or project. 

I love this retired image from Stampin' UP called Calm Christmas.  I love the detail on the dove and especially on the wings.  I inked up the dove and sentiment with Cherry Cobbler and cut out the layer with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  The scalloped background is Garden Green, cut with My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 and layered on a Garden Green card base. I added three white enamel dots for the final touch.   I really like the look of this card! 



Here is the inside of my card, with another sentiment from the same set:



I hope Lisa and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:   Stampin' Up Calm Christmas

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White;  Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green

Ink:  Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; My Favorite Things-MFT-Blueprints 20; White Enamel Dots



4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty - and perfect for the theme!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Barb, this gorgeous image is perfect for the challenge this month! Beautiful!

bensarmom said...

Barb,
Your card is just beautiful. It spoke to me tonight as our Capital continues with unrest. So thankful God is in control.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Barb - this is stunning! Love the colour and that stamp is amazing.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine