Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Gift Wrap and Scotch Tape!


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for January, our 45th month!  That means we are coming to the end of 4th year--YAY!



Kelly provided the challenge for us this month: Welcome 2021!  Typically in January, it's 'out with the old, in with the new!'  For the RSG challenges, that would be too easy.  This month, we will Ring in the OLD, out with the NEW! I'd like for you to take a scrap or leftover sheet of your Christmas paper - any design you like - and use that as the 'designer paper' for your card. But wait!  When we wrap our gifts, we use tape!  So, your second required element is to use clear scotch tape.  Be creative in the way you use it!  You may use a small stamp/sentiment if you like but let your recycled Christmas paper and scotch tape be the star of this new year's show!

Ready, Set, Go!


Yes, Kelly--this is a challenge for sure.  The Christmas paper was not the challenge part as I actually cut apart a gift bag that was under the tree.  The part that made me think hard and often, was how to use the Scotch Tape!  I first thought about covering a piece of acetate and make a circle background for a stamp or die.  The, I thought about layering strips of tape and using that as "cardstock" to die cut some words.  I needed to find small enough words in my stash to fit the width of the tape stack and I found a set of Momenta Script Words.  So--there are maybe 7-8 layers of tape in each stack and I die cut fun, love and shine!  I put a rhinestone for the dot on the 'i" for shine along with three rhinestones on the bottom of the card--I think that is the only bling needed.  I used a strip of Real Red grosgrain ribbon to cover up the line from the fold in the bag.  I think it is a pretty cool Christmas Card!  Thanks so much for a fun challenge this month Kelly and for allowing-making us to really think outside of the box for our creation!  



Here is the inside of my card, with another strip of the gift bag:



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. I am up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in February

Image/Sentiment:  None-other than Momenta Script Word dies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black;  Gift Bag cut for patterned paper

Ink:  None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; Rhinestones; Scotch Tape!




5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Barb, your card is very pretty - and I really like the colors of the gift wrap/bag! The WOW factor is all the MANY layers of tape on the words. I used only one. LOL! Impressive!

MiamiKel said...

Very creative to use a gift bag and I'm impressed by the use of ribbon to cover the seam - I love the vibrancy of the green. Awesome to use 3 words, too - great job on the challenge!

Carol W said...

wow great card Barb. What a fun challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

that was some challenge Barb and you aced it - what a fantastic idea to use the tape as 'card'!! That is amazing.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a lovely card. You rocked this challenge.