Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Double Duty & Gina K


Here we go.  This is month #6 of another challenge for our group of 4 stampers—Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, and Carol!  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty!

 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For June, the company that I picked was Gina K Designs. They really have awesome images and so many include matching dies.  They are so many different varieties and so beautiful.  And an added bonus, they are less than a half hour from my house!  They just moved a month or so ago to New Berlin and when they were in downtown Greendale, they had a sweet storefront called Village Paper and Ink.  It was a fantastic place to shop and take classes--I will sure miss it. For our challenge this month, I picked a a newer set called Beautiful Butterflies Stamp Set, with the matching dies!    I love all of the sweet butterfly images and coordinating sentiments!



First, I made a few panels with Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks-Mojito, Stream and Purple Twilight.  I used a couple of different types of papers too--Tim Holtz Black Alcohol Ink Cardstock and Yupo.  I then stamped the butterfly image on the papers and used the matching dies to cut out the images.  I also decided I would use an embossing folder on both cards, as the second part of the Double Duty!  Also, both of the sentiments are from the same stamp set. 

For my first card, I picked the Yupo Alcohol Ink Paper butterfly images.  I embossed the background Gorgeous Grape cardstock with a Sizzix Brick Wall folder.   I then added some sequins for a bit of bling and the Lifting You Up sentiment from the same stamp set.




For my second card, I picked the images that were stamped on the Tim Holtz Black Alcohol Ink Cardstock.  The embossing folder is from We R Memory Keeper called Butterfly.    This time I added Trinity Midnight Ball embellishments for the bling!



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used some of the butterfly images and matching dies from an alcohol inked background, similar sentiments from the same set and an embossing folder. 




Here are the insides of both cards with a strip of washi tape:

 


I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Kelly's  and Carol's blog-they may post today or tomorrow, so be sure to check back.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly, Jeanette and Carol like my card. Hero Arts is the company we will use in July, so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Beautiful Butterflies Stamp and Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape, Bermuda Bay; Tim Holtz Black Alcohol Ink Cardstock; Yupo Alcohol Ink Paper; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks Mojito, Stream and Purple Twilight

Accessories:  We R Memory Keepers Butterfly Embossing Folder; Sizzix Brick Wall Embossing Folder; Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishment; Sequins




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are two stunning cards - the rich colors, embossed backgrounds, and lovely butterflies are all perfect! Outstanding job!

Carol W said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I love how they turned out and I too love Gina's sets. Thanks for the fun challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Barb - love those butterflies!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your cards- how beautifully done! Love the beautiful and vibrant colors!