Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Thank You Sweet Friend



This is my One Plus Twelve card for August. This was the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge in 2019. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month and post on the 3rd of each month.  It was so much fun that the three of decided to continue for our third year and pick a new image to use.

For 2021, I picked a Gina K Designs set called Thankful Greenery.  I think this set is so pretty and I can see in my mind many ways that I can use this image.  Plus--I will have 12 thank you cards at the end of the year!

For this month's card, I embossed the image with white embossing powder on Strathmore White Watercolor Cardstock.  I then used my Taylored Expressions Liquid Watercolors--Pineapple and Guava--to add color to the image with a brush. I die cut the image and the layer with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 4 heart dies. The added sentiment is from the same stamp set. The background is my Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic embossing folder for some added dimension.   I used the same Master Layouts 4 to die cut the embossed panel and layered it on a white card base.  




Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set each of them picked for 2021 and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to check back every month on the 3rd to see our cards!

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Thankful Greenery

Cardstock:  Strathmore White Watercolor; Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo

Ink:  Versamark; Gina K Designs White Embossing Powder; Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo; Taylored Expressions Liquid Watercolors-Pineapple and Guava

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder; Gina K Master Layouts 4




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is gorgeous. The liquid watercolors look fabulous... and your use of white space really makes the image pop!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great way to use the stamp Barb - and a fabulous card too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine