Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Altenew and Double Duty


So--this is a mess-up post for me. This post should have been on August 22nd.  but, early in August, we were still thinking we were going to be in Ireland September 1-18th.  I was working ahead on many cards for my blog posts and this was done, but it was an August challenge.  However, I scheduled it for September 22nd--today and skipped the August 22nd date to post.  And--I do not have my cards done for the September Double Duty--which is to be a Picket Fence stamp. So--I will work on that today.  AND-we did not go to Ireland as we canceled our trip mid-August and right now are thinking we will go in May of 2022.  So--the rest of this post will remain as I wrote it--please think it is now August 22nd!

Here we go.  This is month #8 of another challenge for our group of 4 stampers—Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, and Carol!  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For August the company that I picked was Altenew. They have some beautiful stamp sets, especially florals.  For our challenge this month, I picked a a set called Build a Chrysanthemum Stamp and the matching Die Set   



First, I decided to pick one flower and layer the colors.   I also wanted to use an embossing folder on both cards, as the second part of the Double Duty!  Also, both of the sentiments are from the same stamp set. It is hard to see, but each flower was also die cut and there are slices between each of the petals for added dimension.

For my first card, I stamped the layers with my Pink Fresh ink cubes in yellow colors. I also stamped the leaves with Pink Fresh green cubes.  I embossed the background Granny Apple Green with my Stampin' Up Layered Leaves Embossing folder. I then added white pearls and the Believe in Yourself sentiment from the same stamp set.




For my second card, I stamped the layers with my Pinkfresh Studio pink ink cubes.  The Granny Apple Green Background this time was using a Stampin' Up Dainty Diamonds embossing folder.   I then added some iridescent bling and the Be Yourself sentiment from the same stamp set



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used the same floral image and sentiments from the same set and an embossing folder.  I used Pinkfresh Studio ink cubes on both floral images along with Granny Apple Green as the main color!





I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Kelly's  and Carol's blogs.    I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly, Jeanette and Carol like my card. Picket Fence is the company we will use in September so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  Altenew Build a Chrysanthemum Stamp and Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo;  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Pinkfresh Studio Ink Cubes in Yellow and Pinks

Accessories:   Stampin' Up Layering Leaves and Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folders; White Pearls; Iridescent Rhinestones




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these cards are gorgeous! The flower looks amazing against the green background.

Carol W said...

Beautiful cards Barb, I love both of them. Great job,