Monday, November 22, 2021

Art Impressions Double Duty


Here we are!  This is month #11 of another challenge for our group of 4 stampers—Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, and Carol!  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For November,  the company that I picked was Art Impressions. They have some cute stamp sets, and I do have a few, especially snowmen.  For our challenge this month, I picked a a set called Seasons Greetings.  The sentiment is from the same set. 



For my first card, I colored the sweet snowman image with my Copic Sketch Markers. I added some Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter on his cap and on the snow.  Since it such a large image, I layered it over just one piece of cardstock and placed it over a fun dotted background from Doodlebug.  The sentiment was added on the top of the card.  Some purple sequins are the final touch.  




For my second card, I colored the same image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  Prisma Glitter again was added to this cap and the snowline.  This time I flagged the sentiment and laid it at an angle over the image. This time some pink enamel dots finish the card.  



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used the same image and the same sentiment.    Prisma glitter was used on both and I think each card has some fun colors!




Here is the inside of my cards:



I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Kelly's  and Carol's blogs.    I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly, Jeanette and Carol like my card. Whipper Snapper Designs is the company we will use in December so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment: Art Impressions Seasons Greetings Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Rocco Rose, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Doodlebug Polka Pals-Snow Dots; Pink Snowflakes is unknown

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; 

Accessories:   Copic Sketch Markers; Pink Enamel Dots; Purple Sequins; Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter




2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous pair Barb - love the subtle differences that you have managed with such a large image, never mind the obvious one of the colours
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such fun cards, Barb... that snowman is a cute one!