Friday, January 28, 2022

I have a Dream!


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 61st month of de-stash, so we are starting our 6th year of challenges.  We are for sure continuing in 2022 as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Jenn posted our January challenge--I have a dream!

I used another stamp set from Unity this month called It's Your Choice. This is the third month in a row I have used a Unity stamp!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers. I die cut the image with my Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Ovals. My background is a fun embossing folder from Anna Griffin and Cuttlebug called Matelassé. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I added some green enamel dots for the final touch.

 



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSJAN.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For February, I am up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!

Image/Sentiment: Unity It's Your Choice

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black

Ink: 
 Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Green Enamel Dots; Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Matelassé Embossing Folder; Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Ovals


5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is gorgeous. One of my favorite embossing folders for your background definitely draws my eye... and that beautiful flower and great sentiment. Well done!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card, Barb. I love the flowers and the sentiment is so true. Each new day is our choice.

kiwimeskreations said...

A very pretty card Barb - love the way you have coloured the sweet flowers
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

Perfect card for our challenge this month. Just lovely.

Jennifrann said...

I love your "I have a dream" card, Barb. It's beautiful and the sentiment is so perfect!