Sunday, May 22, 2022

Big Girl Pants


Here we are!  This is the 15th month, so we are into year #2.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night and it is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For May, the company we are using is Stamping Bella. This is an older company and I not sure they are even in business.   I only have a few stamp sets that they made. I have this sweet image called Big Girl Pants by Mo Manning.



For my white card, I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I used Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to cut the panel with the image and black backer.  I flagged the sentiment with my Stampin' Up Triple Banner Punch.  I added some pink enamel dots for the final touch.




For my second card, I also colored the sweet girl with my Copic Sketch Markers.  This time I used an Single Stitched Oval die from CottageCutz to cut the image.  The patterned paper for both cards is Stampin' Up's Birthday Bouquet and I used a few strips for banners at the top--triple banner punch again.    A few green enamel dots were added for the final touch. 



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used my Copic Sketch Markers on both cards.  I also used the same Designer Series paper and my triple banner punch. I used dies to cut out the image on both along with enamel dots!



I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  

Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Whipper Snapper Designs is up for our our June challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment: Stamping Bella Big Girl Pants by Mo Manning

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Triple Banner Punch; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; CottageCutz Single Stitched Ovals;  Pink and Green Enamel Dots; 

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... this was exactly what I needed to see today! ;) Great sentiment!!! I love love LOVE both of these cards, Barb! Perfect!

Carol W said...

Barb, love both of these cards. Love the sentiments as well. I often tell my girls to pull up their big girls pants and deal with it.