Saturday, August 13, 2022

Rainbow Paint Sticks!


This colorful card is for a fun challenge that Jeanette came up with two years called Mission Possible!  Jeanette sent us a mystery item three times in 2020 and asked if we would accept the challenge to make a project with the items even before opening the package!  Of course, Kelly and I said yes, so the challenge is on.  In 2021, we each took turns sending an item to each other.  We are back in 2022 with this challenge and will make a project three times this year with a different item each round!  This Will be Mission Impossible Possible!


For the second challenge in 2022, Kelly sent something for us to use along with the following info: Good Day, Ms. Card-Maker.  Your next mission, should you decide to accept it, involves the use of these rainbow tempera paint sticks.  As in the past, you will be working alongside the same two team members. This message will not self-destruct in five seconds, since I have no ability to do that and besides, you might need to refer to it again at some point.  Good Day and Good Luck!  She also noted that we have been selected to go beyond the call of the M-I-P duty and stretch our creative artistry boundaries.  We were given a full set of tempera paint sticks--art in a box!  There are so many ways to use these and Kelly has no doubt that we will be ready, willing and able to complete the (colorful) mission!

Kelly did send us an entire box full of rainbow colors.  They are from Art Unwrapped and are called Tempera Paint Sticks.   WOWZA--Thanks Loads Kelly!    So--when I see rainbow colors, I decided to use them to make a rainbow background.  I love the bold, bright colors!  I rubbed each of 7 colors of the rainbow paint sticks at an angle over a quarter sheet of cardstock.  I did go back a few times to fill in some white spots and try to blend them a bit--but they do not blend like inks.  I then die cut 3 panels from my Momenta Imperial Trellis Cover plate die in white and layered them together for some fun dimension.  The card base is white, so the panel is adhered directly to the base.  My sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs called Chunky Hello.  I also die cut the word three times from white and layered on the black shadow for some sweet contrast.  I added 7 Gina K Designs pearls of each color of the rainbow over each of the coordinating stripes.  I like that added touch!



I think I met the challenge--mission accomplished!  I think these sticks are very easy to use and I am sure I will use them again--thanks for the fun gift and challenge Kelly!  I love the Bright Colors!  We will be back later this year with another fun challenge with an item that Jeanette will send to use--stay tuned!  

Please be sure to check out the other Mission Possible projects with these fun and colorful Tempera Paint sticks.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  


Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp CZ Designs Chunky Hello

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black

Ink:  Art Unwrapped Tempera Paint Sticks

Accessories:  
Gina K Designs Pearl Mix Rainbow; Momenta Imperial Trellis Cover Plate

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOWZER! That background looks fabulous, Barb! I love how you made a rainbow using the Tempera Paint Sticks - so colorful and I can image it was fun to do, too. Your card is beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how I love this bright and cheerful card Barb - well done an taking on the challenge and achieving such fabulous results
Blessings
Maxine