Friday, April 7, 2017

1 Corinthians and Joy



This is my card for the Crafters of Faith that my friend Kelly is hosting on SCS.  This is our 4th month and Jeanette gave us this challenge:   As you may know, my word of the year for 2017 is Joy.  Joy is not based on circumstances, but rather comes from within. No matter what is happening in our lives we can have Joy because of our love for the Lord and our hope in Him.

Joy is also one of the fruits of the Spirit…  Galatians 5:22-23 (ESV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
For April, I’d like for us to create a card/project that reflects Joy. Ideas? It could be something that brings you Joy, like a beach scene or a cabin in the mountain, etc. Or it could be a certain technique or stamping product that brings Joy every time you use it. Or it could be a reflection of a Bible verse that means a lot to you, filling you with Joy. Those are just a few ideas… truthfully, the options are vast for this theme.
Whatever direction you go with this, I am certain that your contribution will bring JOY to all of us.


I decided that the outdoors bring me Joy!  I love the be outside when the weather in Wisconsin allows it. And, we built a green house a few years ago so we have been known to go out on a Saturday morning during the winter when the sun is shining to have our morning coffee and read the newspaper as it is warm inside.  I love to walk outside, take hikes in the woods and even snowshoe in the winter.  We also have a tandem bike that brings us joy.  We currently have 12 trays flowers and vegetable plants under grow lights in the basement that we started from seed and will move to our greenhouse by the end of this month.  Seeing the baskets and pots of flowers on the deck bring joy all summer and into the fall.  Joy is all around us and mine is found in the outdoors!

I also really like the sentiment on my card--1 Corinthians 13, 4-8.  It is one of my favorite statements of love and also bring me JOY!

Here is the inside of my card:



I hope Kelly and Jeanette along the others like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!


Image/Sentiment:  Our Daily Bread Designs ~ 1 Corinthians


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette; Echo Park Paper Head Over Heals-Tandem


Ink:  Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  SU Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Punches, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Pearls



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I'm sorry, Barb... I don't like your card. *gasp! Actually, I love - yes, LOVE - it!!! It reflects you so beautifully.... and brings JOY to me as well. I love the tandem bike paper - who knew they made such a thing!?!?!? Thank you so much for creating such a great JOY-themed card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Barb - love the classic monotone around the beautiful scripture stamp-
Blessings
Maxine

CardsbyJo said...

Barb, I love that scripture from Corinthians and I love how you this card reflects what you love! Another great creation.