Monday, January 22, 2018

January Creative Card Chicks!



This is my card for January's Monthly Challenge for the Creative Card Chicks.  This group is a kind of mystery image swap, where we each get an image and additional items to complete the challenge each month. I am the hostess this month and sent everyone this sweet Whipper Snapper image--Stack O' Birthday Cakes! I also sent patterned paper from the It's My Party pack along with some colorful embellishments.

The image is so large that it would have almost covered the entire card, so I fussy cut.  I also layered three ribbons--the widest Mint Macaron on the bottom, them Crushed Curry, topped with Black.  The melon brads give the card so additional color!

The Creative Card Chicks to post our cards between the 21st and 23rd of each month--so if you check the blogs on my sidebars, you may see more of these wonderful creations!  Some might have posted yesterday, so be sure to look back on their blog.  Many of our members also post their card in our SCS thread--so you might find more there.  Kelly is up for the February Challenge.  Please be sure to come back to see what image we are using!

Here is the inside of my card:


Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs Stack O' Birthday Cakes

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Recollections 110# White;  Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron, Basic Black, It's My Party Designer Series Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Black Button with Crushed Curry Baker's Twine; Melon Brads; SU Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry and Basic Black Ribbons




4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Barb - and beautifully made too
Blessings
Maxine

terry serman said...

Great fussy-cutting. That is a big cake to attempt that! Well-done.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... you fussy cut the image. How fun! Love your card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Fussy cutting and awesome ribbon layering! You are on fire! :) Great job.