Sunday, May 27, 2018

Just For You!


This is my card for the May Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 17th month of de-stashing--we are well into year #2!

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group and the card is due to be posted on the 28th. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Pansy, who is known as c-mouse on SCS,  posted our May challenge--Your card must include at least one mouse.  Use punch art, die cuts or stamps, but include the mouse.  

I went to the dark side a bit with this card--but it is a Whipper Snapper stamp and everyone who visits my blog knows I love that company.  Who wouldn't when the home store is less than 20 minutes away.  I hope Pansy has a sense of humor too--and thinks my card is okay...………..   The name of the stamp is "Just for You Cat"!

This was a fun card to make--thanks Pansy for a fun challenge to use items in my stash!


Here is the inside of my card:



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards today or yesterday or in the next day or so.  There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSMAY.  You might see many cards there is you do a search.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For June, Lola is up and we will find out her theme soon.  Be sure to check back to see what we create on the 28th!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Just For You Cat

Cardstock: Recollections 110# White, Stampin' Up Basic Black; Caramel; Graphic 45 Curtain Call Collection 

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Black Baker's Twine; Copic Markers; Caramel Brads




4 comments:

Margaret said...

Love this fun card. Your mouse is cute too. Maybe the cat will just invite him over to play and not invite to be his dinner. LOL!

MiamiKel said...

Super cute - love that kitty cat! That's our Finny, except with lizards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love, love, love this one Barb - it so appeals to me with the humour in both the sentiment and the image! Fabulous card.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I giggled when I saw this card, Barb... wondering what Pansy will think of your "mouse" that got caught. Cute cute card!!!