Wednesday, October 18, 2017

No Coloring Between the Lines


It is the third Wednesday of the month and that means a Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card!  The 3 Musketeers (Jeanette, Kelly and me) are back with another challenge this month--our sixth month of this!




Jeanette came up with our challenge for October.  No Coloring Between the Lines.  What??????    This is what Jeanette wrote:  Choose an image you normally WOULD color. (In other words, not a sentiment or multi-layer stamp that lays down the color for you.)  BUT don't color between the lines!  
Instead, my challenge to you is to think of a creative way to use that image on your card WITHOUT COLORING BETWEEN THE LINES.

I pondered and pondered and fretted some more.  I even asked my friend Terry at Camp Stamp-in-Oga this past weekend along with a few other stampers--what do I do?  I got a couple of ideas and had a few thoughts of my own, but on Sunday, I saw a card that was black and white with an uncolored rose.  Ding--Ding--Ding.  That is it!  I think this would be a great wedding card or even a birthday card.




Here is the inside of my card:



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too!  Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in November!

Image/Sentiment: Altenew Enchanted Iris/Stampin' Up Short & Sweet

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Sizzix Dotted Oval Dies; Cuttlebug Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Black Stitched Ribbon; Black Rhinestones



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... this is so elegant and beautiful! Ding, ding, ding is right! You have a winner here!

Thank you for taking on my challenge in such a beautifully classy way!

Terry Ladwig said...

I like what you chose to do with this card! It really was a challenge. Very elegant!

MiamiKel said...

Wow! Sounds like going to stamp camp was successful in many ways !! Your card is so elegant and I really like the boldness of the image !! Awesome!

CardsbyJo said...

Perfect idea Barb!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Barb - love your interpretation of the challenge!! This card is really dramatic
Blessings
Maxine