Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dueling Darling Divas March ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!


It is the 15th of the month and that means another Dueling Darlings challenge.  This month, I am the hostess for the Divas and Michelle is the hostess for the Dazzlers.  We decided the theme is “St. Patrick’s Day”, to be celebrated in two days.
And in addition to creating the card, we requested that each person tell if they have a tradition relating to St. Patrick’s Day?  Do they crave a type of Irish food?  Do they prepare something special or go out to a certain place to eat that day.  Are there any special memories of that holiday from the past that they want to share?
I am not Irish-I am100% German as both of my parents were born in Germany and met in Chicago in the 20’s.  But, I do love Irish Stew!  There is a small restaurant near us that has a great stew on St. Patty’s Day, but we are not going to be around this year as we are heading to Chicago to the Flower and Garden Show at Navy Pier.  I am sure we will see lots of “green” that day!
Here is the inside of my card:


Image/Sentiment—Whipper Snapper--Irish Luck and Happy St. Patrick’s Day
Paper—Gina K White; Stampin’ Up Handsome Hunter, Garden Green; Reminisce-Lucky Me--Lucky Stripe and Micro clover, Shenanigans DSP
Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin’ Up Garden Green
Accessories—Copics; Circle and Photo Corner Punches; Green Twine; Green Crystal Rhinestones; Shamrock and Leprechaun Shoe Brads;

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. I am sure you will enjoy all of the Green Creations! 
I hope you enjoy looking at our creations! Thanks for joining us!!!!!!

15 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Barb... your card is ADORABLE!!! I love that WS guy... but most of all, those lepruchan shoe brads. WOW!!!

You have done an excellent job as hostess of the Diva's this month. I love what you and Michelle came up with!

MiamiKel said...

BARB!!! Can I just squeal some more, like I did when I opened your kit!! I absolutely loved every part of it! I was petting everything, trying not to drool! Just FUN and FABULOUS and so festive! I loved all the little details like the lepracaun brads and this fabulous guy - he was a joy to color! You can't go wrong with WS, eh?! FABBY in every Irish way! Irish you a wonderful day!!!!!! Thank you for your awesome kit :)

April said...

Wonderful creations from the kit you sent! I love me all that is Irish!!

I love the photo corner with the gems....really high lights your creation!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Another great and fun card Barb!!!. Love it!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Oh,WOW! What a celebration of green, Barb! I loved this kit and the abundance of awesome papers and embellishments and I love how you've used papers and embellishments that truly reflect the fun and spirit of St. Patrick's Day! Thanks and "Irish you fun at the flower and garden show!

Carol W said...

Wow, Barb, what a kit you sent...so much fun and so many choices...thank you...I love how you used your kit...I love your layout the inside and I was struck by the corner piece with the brads...love the way you used the shamrock on the front of your card mounted in the circle and the green twine...brilliant (loved that stuff)...the dsp on teh bottom almost gives the appearance of lace at first glance...so awesome..I also love how you used the shoes to accent your sentiment...You nailed this to a "T" great job my friend...

Melina said...

too cute! I love the papers and your corner piece! Great card :)

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Love the card Barb, this was such a fun kit to play with so thank you! :) Enjoy your trip to Chicago ~ fingers crossed for beautiful weather and a BADGER win while you are there

~Paola~ said...

wowzweee..this is a sweet monochromatic creation for sure ..Love that WS immie Barb (of course!)and how so well put togeher this card turned out...♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh my goodness, you sent us the best kit this round. Thank you!!!

I am so envious that you will be in Chicago on SPD. How much fun would that be?! Rush Street would be a blast. I would have to stop by Mother's!!! I bet you cannot even get near the place on SPD.

I am German too! I am a quarter from my mother's side. She is half German and Russian. My dad is half Irish and Norwegian. It is safe to say that there are no members of our entire family that we know of, that do not have blue eyes!

I am going to have to get my O'Toole (maiden name) on this Saturday!

Thanks again!

Darlene said...

What a fun, fun image that little guy is!! Love the papers and your beautiful embellishments too!
The inside is so great too!
You certainly created a great kit for everyone to work with.

Terry Ladwig said...

I absolutely LOVE your card! All of the layers are awesome...and the image....CUTE!! I may have to buy him.

Looks like you put together a great kit full of goodness and you used it all in a wonderful way!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Cute cards. I love the detail and layout of the first one.

Heather B said...

Love this card!! Great sentiment.

dweatter said...

ADORABLE!! Cute image and great coloring. I love the placement of you embellishments. Those leprechaun shoes are great. Great layout as well. You rocked your kit.