Monday, April 15, 2013

Dueling Darlings ~ It's All About Flowers


It is the 15thof the month and that means another Dueling Darlings challenge.  It is supposed to be spring--at least that is what the calendar says.  However--the temps here in Wisconsin have been in the 30's and 40's for the last week or so. Our hostesses Tami for the Darlings and Darlene for the Dazzlers, are trying to get us in the mood for those Spring Flowers--that are supposed to follow all of the Spring Showers we have had.  We were to create a card with the wonderful flower image that Tami sent.

I loved all of the papers and embellishments that Tami sent--I wanted to use all of it.  So--I tried in a few spots.  For the ribbons--there are 4 layers--the brown ribbon on the bottom-followed by two layers of green ribbon and then the bakers twine on the side. 

Here is the inside of my card. The embellishments on the inside are also stacked.  There are 5 layers of the punched elements Tami sent, topped by a rhinestone.

 
We are to also share what is our favorite flower.  I have many--but I think lilies are at the top---I love their fragrance and I actually have an Easter Lily in my craft room and can smell it right now!

Image/SentimentDelta Creative Sunflower II/Sentiment-Hampton Art Kolette Hall

PaperSU Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Old Olive; Doodlebug Design Bon Bon Designer Paper

InkMemento

AccessoriesCopic Markers; Various Ribbons and  Embellishments


Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. I am sure you will enjoy all of the creations of flowers! 



12 comments:

~Paola~ said...

whoaaaa.....what agreat focal point to use flower like nesties for this
awesome,brilliantly colored image!
Love loveeeee how you accessorized your beautiful card w/ button and different layers of ribbons and how you finished the inside too! Kudos to U my friend!!♥

Melina said...

OHHHH! I love, love, love the shape you used around the image! That is great Barb! This layout is excellent :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love your card! WOW! The layout is perfect to let that gorgeous sunflower shine! (BTW, sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers!) Lovely job inside and out!

I'm sure glad we duel together every month!

Linda said...

I love your sunflower and the deep rich colors of your card. Great job.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Awesome card, Barb! Love how you framed the beautiful sunflower in those scalloped die cuts! Love how you created the panel of ribbons, twine embellished with the button! Love the design on the inside and how you created dsp panels and embellished with those terrific die cut flowers, leaves,shapes and bling!! You used so many elements from the kit to create a truly outstanding card!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Look at you using so much of the kit! Great job!!!

I really like the die cut you used for the image. It gives great contrast.

The ribbon treatment is fun and shows all of the different colors. As well as your use of the punched items.

Thanks for making the kit look good!

kadie said...

Barb, you've gone and done it again--another exquisite layout! I have to admit something here...whenever I need inspiration for a layout, I come to your blog. You have such a great eye! And this card totally follows suit. Beautiful! Great job using the sentiment on the front too and those yummy punched items on the inside! Hugs, kadie

April said...

Great set of Nesties you used to show off that stunning sunflower!

Loving this card!

Terry Ladwig said...

I LOVE the way you die cut the image and how you layered the ribbons on the right hand side!

Great kit you had to work with and I love what you did with it, both inside and out!

So glad you are a Diva!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is marvelous, such a beautiful use of the kit! I love the shape of the sunflower immie and the combined ribbons - nicely done!

So happy that you are BLOOMING this month with the DDD! xoxo

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna gf...what an awesome card. I love the inside just as much as the outside...great layout and use of the kit....way to go...♥

Darlene said...

I don't even know where to begin, Barb. This card is certainly one of your best ever!! - And that's saying something, because your cards are always great!

First, I LOVE the color scheme, and you have colored the sunflower amazingly. Second, all of the colors for the layers are perfect accents. Thirdly, the layering of the ribbons and twine on the side adds a classic dignity to the layout, it suits the sunflower image!

...And then there's the inside So very well done!

I have a lot to learn from your style!