Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fisherman and Shortage of Poles


Here is a card that I created from a kit I received in February from Carol.  This project is a "card of the month kit" that was just started by Jeanette on SCS. Each month, one of the ladies will receive a kit from each of the other participants.  There are 11 of us in the group, so each person will get 10 different card kits the month they are "up"!  Well--I was up first--for February.  We get all of the kits by the end of the month and then we have the next two months to create a card.  So--I have until the end of April to make and post all of the rest of the kits.  I have three more to go!

Carol sent two images for me to chose from and I went with this cute Whipper Snapper image.  There were many, many embellishments and some great papers to use too.  I loved everything in this kit!  I even added some silver glitter pen to the fish--as Carol loves glitter!  Too bad it does not show up better.




Here is the inside of my card with the wonderful sentiment!


 
Image/Sentiment—Whipper Snapper Fisherman/Thomas Kinkade Sentiment

Cardstock—White, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Marina Mist; Karen Foster Designs-Rod & Reel/Lure 'Em In

Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories--Copic Markers; Jelly Roll Silver Glitter Pen; Brown Fiber Netting; Buttons with String; Star button on the inside with string

Please be sure to check back later this month for the remaining cards.



8 comments:

NancyK

Barb- this card is so very cute! Love the image and your coloring. I also love how you did the inside of the card. So often I just forget about this part but you made it especially nice!

Darlene

Adorable!! Loving those papers, together with the buttons and that cute image they are perfect!! Great job!

Carol W

Barb I love how you used this kit,,,it is perfect. I love your coloring and the inside is just as wonderful as the outside of the card..Standing "O" for you my friend....

MiamiKel

Oh cute, Barb! What a fun kit! So full of adventure and defines you just to a T! Cute, cute, cute!

Shelly Schmidt

Dear me- this is just adorable! LOVE the way you colored this card- loving the inside of the card as well!

Marcy

what a super fun card! Cute image and those buttons are a great touch! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger)

Oh my goodness! This card is adorable! Fun little fisherman...... and the quote inside is awesome! CUTE!!!

Maxine D

Love the texture you have incorporated in this card Bard - and the sentiemnt is so apt!
Blessings
Maxine