Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ready? Set? Go!


It is the third Wednesday of the month and that means a Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card!  The 3 Musketeers (Jeanette, Kelly and me) are back with another challenge this month--our third month of this!



Jeanette picked our challenge for this month.  We have been chatting the past few months about how our gallery has changed since we all joined SCS.  We all started our gallery in 2008.  I joined SCS in 2004, but it took me 4 years to post to the gallery.  Jeanette and Kelly both joined SCS in 2008 and started posting to the gallery the same year.  So, Jeanette's challenge was to find out 8th card from the end--the 8th card we posted to our gallery.  We then were to CASE the card and created one for this month.  So-ready or not--here we go!   Ready? Set? Go! 

My 8th card was a 3 x 3 card I did for a shoebox swap in Madison in March of 2008.  It was a very simple card--one stamp with one layer and using Kaleidacolor ink.  And, a very poor picture of it too!  So, I did use the same kind of ink pad on this card, and did use the same ticket corner punch.  But, I also used my 4th card as an inspiration.  I used the same stamp set--and one that is still current in the Stampin' Up catalog ~ Lovely as a Tree!   I still have the Word Window punch too!  It is a pretty simple card--no ribbon or fiber on it, as that is what these two cards portray.



I sure hope my photography skills along with card making creativity have both improved in the past 9 years!



Here is the inside of my card:


I think this sentiment is perfect as both of my companions in this challenge are both so nice!  We chat via texting pretty much every single day!  And Nice Does Matter!!!!!

Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's blog along with Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too!  Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in August!



Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree/Sweet Little Sentiments

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie; October Afternoon Crunching Leaves Patterned Paper 

Ink: Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves


Accessories:  SU Word Window, Ticket Corner and Modern Label Punches; Orange Brad; Tree Dies by Dave



3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Barb, and a great CASe of your two previous cards. Isn't it fascnating to look back and see how much our card making has changed.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Oh how fun! I love your original card - then again, I'm all about those bright and bold colors so they drew me right in! And I know you love your Tree stamp set - you use it often and wisely and wonderfully! Great trip down memory lane (we won't let Forest off the hook so easily though - LOL!)

So glad you jumped on board this crazy challenge of mine with me - wouldn't be the same without ya!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Barb... your card is amazing! And I absolutely love that you CASE'd both your 8th card (as I asked) and your 4th card (representing the year you joined SCS). You outdid yourself... love it!!!