Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wishing you Beautiful Winter Moments

If you are looking for my Twist of Faith card, please scroll down.
 

Today is the last day of the month and I am here to show you to my Crafters of Faith card! The Crafters of Faith blogging group is a joyous blending of Christian friends ~ joined together to fellowship, share our faith, build friendships and craft together!   

Sadly--this is the last post for this blog group as we are disbanding as of the first of the year.  Kelly was the founder of this wonderful group and is our hostess for this final month.  This is the wonderful challenge she presented to us:

Psalm 113:2 (KJV) "Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore." During this celebratory time of year, we rejoice at the miracle of the birth of the son of God! One of my very favorite Christmas songs is Holy Night, heads bowed before the Redeemer. The literal translation of the first verse is:

Midnight, Christians, it is the solemn hour,
When God as man descended unto us
To erase the stain of original sin
And to end the wrath of His Father.
The entire world thrills with hope
On this night that gives it a Savior.

With that, I ask you to create a card based on the blessing we receive from knowing how much was given for us! May we all be aware of the beautiful blessings we have and bestow to others.

For your December card, create a card of your choice in color and design with the theme: Sprinkle an abundance of Blessings!

I inked up Northwoods stamp that I purchased at a stamp show in Madison last month.  I love the detail in these stamps and the images are amazing.  Many of the winter images are just stunning and I really do not do them justice at all.  The display boards that showcase these stamps are incredible and the cards are masterpieces.


I used glossy white for the background and embossed it with a snowflake folder.  I added some white gel pen to some of the snowy areas and then went over parts with Stickles glitter.  I took a picture of the card on the display board and it seemed like the entire card was covered in glitter.  I did not do that, but I do think it is quite shimmery.

Here is another angle and you might be able to see more of the shiny snow:

 

Here is the sentiment on the inside of the card.


 
I am blessed to live in Wisconsin where I can look out of my window and see a scene similar to this every winter.  I do not have a bridge or river, but when we take a hike in the woods or strap on the snowshoes and head to the state park, we do see landscapes that are stunning.  The best time to go snowshoeing is the morning after a snow to see all of the shimmer.  If the sun is shining, that is a bonus!  I am also blessed with good health to enjoy the outdoors--winter scenes like this and along with activities in the other three seasons.  Hikes, walks, biking, snowshoeing, gardening, and other outdoor activities are wonderful in Wisconsin! 
 
Image/Sentiment—Northwoods Rubber Stamps Scroll with Scene and Wishing You Beautiful Winter Moments/Amuse Peace on Earth (stamped in the scroll)
CardstockGina K White; Stampin' Up Glossy White, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky; My Mind's Eye Be Merry Patterned Paper

Ink—SU Cherry Cobbler; Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories—Copic Markers; SU Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin Ribbon; Stickles Frosted Lace; White Gel Pen; Quickutz Snowflakes;  

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you do check out the other cards for our December and final challenge from the wonderful ladies in the Crafters of Faith group! The blog list is on the left side--please check them out!



10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... this card is stunning! Love the Northwoods image, and your coloring is great! I don't know why you think you don't do it justice.

I am not a fan of cold and snow, but I'm glad you and Kelly are. ;)

Darlene said...

Oh Barb, how gorgeous!!! I think you sell yourself short on what you can do with this beautiful line of stamps though. Your card is a work of art!

I love the added touches of soft shimmer too. It's often difficult to capture it in a photograph, but I know your work, so I am sure it's beautiful.

We have our own winter wonderland in NH too. I am truly glad that you are blessed with good health to enjoy all of the seasons!

Happy 2014 to you!

Carol W said...

Oh My goodness Barb, this is beautiful Great job and wonderful job on the layout and color choices.The morning walks sound amazing as well as peaceful and serene..I do know you have a beautiful sight right outside your windows and it is as beautiful in the spring, summer and fall as well..

Happy New Year my friend....
Hugs

MiamiKel said...

Oh Barb! I am in awe of your gorgeous creation here! You did an amazing job and I think this one should be right up on the boards with the ones you describe! Just WOW!!

Thank you for your time in the COF and making the group as wonderful as it was - blessed by your presence, as I am in my life!

And hopefully I will see you IRL THIS YEAR!!!!!!! :)
Hugs!
x0x0

SarahGeorge said...

That's truly a great blessing isn't it! Your card looks lovely dear Barb. Wish you a very Happy New Year.
Best wishes
Sarah

Marcy said...

This card is beautiful and I love the snow scene! Happy New Year 2014!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Barb, this is such a pretty card. You really have shown your vision in this one!

Zella said...

WOW Barb - stunning!!!!

Nikki said...

Lovely card Barb. Thanks for entering our DT call at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Julie Gleeson said...

Wow such a beautiful card! I love all of the wonderful details! Thank you for sharing with us at ABC - Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox