Saturday, March 8, 2014

Card Kit #1 ~ Kelly's I (Heart) U


I am excited to share a card with you that I created from a kit I received last month from Kelly.  This project is a "card of the month kit" that was just started by Jeanette on SCS. Each month, one of the ladies will receive a kit from each of the other participants.  There are 11 of us in the group, so each person will get 10 different card kits the month they are "up"!  Well--I was up first--for February.  We get all of the kits by the end of the month and then we have the next two months to create a card.  Kelly's package was the first to arrive--so I decided to make and post her card first.

Kelly sent so many sweet items to use for a loving card--all kinds of pinks and reds and hearts and great papers and cool embellishments and many fun things to make this card as well as a few more in the future!

I used 4 of the designer papers that Kelly sent on the card--one for the large background at the top and three more in the rectangles at the bottom. Then all of the embellishments--pink flowers with a big brad in the middle, bakers twine and a string of rhinestones.  And--I have an entire baggie of left overs--ribbon, more brads, clips, buttons and more buttons! 


Here is the inside of my card:


Image/Sentiment—Elyzbells I (Heart) U

Cardstock—White, Stampin' Up Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Cranberry Crisp; K & Company Patterned Paper

Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories--Copic Markers; Pink Sorbet Baker's Twine; AC Fabric Brads; Prima Flowers; Kaiser Bling

Please be sure to check back in the next month or two to see the all of the rest of the creations from the other 9 great card kits sitting on my desk in my "to do" basket!



6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is just AMAZING! It even has Kelly's style to it. I could have almost guessed you'd used her kit.

I love the way you colored the darling image and the many details on your card make it perfect!

I'm glad you are in the Monthly Card Kit group!!!

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

Awww the bear image is so cute! Love all the pink :-)

MiamiKel said...

I ♥ you, Barb!! You did AMAZING with the kit!! I was so curious as to how you'd color up this trio of friends and you did it spot on! What a fun card, you used so much of the kit and just made one happy card!

It was a joy to create make a kit for you :) Blessing to you :)

Carol W said...

Oh Barb, what a fun card. I love what you did with this kit and I love the layout of your card.....awesome. Way to go my sweet friend...♥

Marcy said...

Adorable card! I love the pink and those cute bears! :)

:: BlueInks :: said...

So cute! I love the use of the bakers twine. The textured brad center on the flower looks really good!