Saturday, March 15, 2014

Umbrellas Mean Spring is Near

 
It is the 15thof the month and that means we get to show off another Dueling Darlings challenge. Laura Jean and Terry are the Darlings who came up with the challenge and theme for the teams this month.  LJ is a Divas and Terry is one of the Dazzlers.

These are the details that Laura Jean sentIt is time for the March Duel!  Like most of you (except our friend Kelly who lives in Miami), I am so ready for spring and summer.  One of the many signs of spring is rain and umbrellas, and as March is "National Umbrella Month" we are going with an umbrella theme this month.
I really like all of the papers that LJ sent--they were from a Cosmo Cricket line that I had not seen before.  Birds and mushrooms and Gingko leaves and fun shapes!  Laura Jean also sent a manila folder and asked us to use it as a base.  I struggled with a design with the folder, so I decided to use a punch I have to make a background for the sentiment that looks like a file folder to me.  Hope that is OK..................
 

Here is the inside of my card:

 


Image/SentimentUnity Itty Bitty Rain or Shine

PaperStampin' Up Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Crisp Cantaloupe;  Cosmo Cricket Earth Love-Relive Designer Paper and Journal Card

Ink—Memento Black

Accessories--Ivory Satin Ribbon; Copic Markers; Green and Yellow Buttons; Ivory Brad, EK Punch, 

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. I am sure you will enjoy all of the loving cards that have been created this month!



11 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your card has such spring feel to it! I love the colors and layout you created. The sentiment tag is so cute and place well.

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Barb! It's so much fun "dueling" with you! The colors you used on the image, the cardstock on the image and sentiment panels and the brad, ribbon and button all coordinate so perfectly with that gorgeous dsp you used for the background. I love that paper! And then you topped it all with the clever use of dsp and journaling card on the inside. Great job!!

Melina said...

That background paper is so cute! I love how it mimics the umbrella shape! Great bright colors! :)

Kristie W. said...

Ah that's where the paper is from! I think I have it in my stash somewhere. Cute card! I really like the image you used.

MiamiKel said...

Awesome card, Barb! So cheerful and fun! Fabulous to be on the Divas with you! ♥

Carol W said...

Wow, wow, wow you sure nailed this challenge. Love how you used so many of the elements in the kit...Great job on your coloring...this is perfect! Hugs ♥♥♥

kadie said...

This is so pretty, Barb! I love how you've done the sentiment and great use of that paper as background! HUGS

~Paola~ said...

adorable and very 'springy' card.
Love the use of pastel colors and such a sweet image!♥

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is FANTASTIC! I love the way you did the sentiment... and the image is colored beautifully. It's always fun to duel with you!

Terry Ladwig said...

Cute card Barb! Love the soft colors and the tag...I think it's perfect for this card!

Great job this round.....and I am so ready for Spring to actually get here!!

Darlene said...

Oh my word, this is so different than any of the others I've admired so far...Soft Spring colors, absolutely adorable papers, and the punched "file folder" sentiment is so dang cute! Love it all.