Sunday, May 28, 2017

D. Morgan My Special Friend


It is the 28th and that means a new post for our group on SCS.  This is post #5 for Challenge Your Stash!

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group and the card is due to be posted on the 28th. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Terry posted our May challenge.  Use your favorite floral stamps for your focal image. You can make a card for any occasion, but make sure you focus on flowers.





I love D. Morgan stamps and I have a few of them.  This is one of my favorites.  I cannot do justice in my coloring though for her wonderful images.  This card is going to be sent to a friend who loves these images even more than me.  However, she is not a fan of pink, but I hope she likes the card anyway..........

Here is the inside of my card:


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards today.  There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSMAY.  You might see many cards there is you do a search.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!


Image/Sentiment:  Stamps Happen, D. Morgan My Special Friend


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride; Unknown Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  SU Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffle Trim, White Doily; Copic Markers; Sequins; Pink Buttons with White Fiber



8 comments:

Kristie W. said...

What beautiful flowers, Barb! I love all the pink and how the ribbon peeks out above the pp.

terry serman said...

I'm sure you friend will love! Perfect pairing of stamp and dsp!

CardsbyJo said...

Barb, Love this card. The pinks are beautiful and I hope your friend will like it. I love the ribbon peeking out the DP, the doily, and the buttons. They add that extra special touch!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb i am sure the pinks will be acceptable on this beautiful card - love that image too
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Oh I am lovin' that fancy new blog badge up there to the left! Tee hee!

Your card is gorgeous. I did remember how much you love your D. Morgan (goodness, they give me grief!) But yours is absolutely stunning with the color palette and gorgeous design - bravo!

Happy Memorial Day!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is an amazing card... the image you chose is awesome! And that doily adds such a soft touch. Fabulous design!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I think this pink card is amazing! That image is wonderful : ) I love the DP and the doily you added! Beautifully done.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image too! I'm such a fan of all things floral. You've done so well with the layout too and the designer papoer is just perfect.