Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Water Stamping With Stencils


It is a Tuesday in June and time for my A Card A Week Challenge!  This is my third card for the month, with the theme of using a new technique.  This card was inspired by a card my friend Jeanette posted last week from a technique found in a video she watched (and I did too) from Mindy Eggen.  It is called Water Stamping with Stencils.  I love the way this card looks!

I picked three Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks--Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves.  I used some blender brushes and laid down the three colors on my white cardstock. I then spritzed water on the back of my stencil-Sprinkles Flair from a Colorful Life Designs.  I laid the wet stencil on the piece of inked cardstock and added some paper towel on the top.  I then put my Misti and Stamparatus on the top for a few minutes for weight.

I then cut the Thank You from my Sizzix Stampin' Up die and added a few White Enamel Dots as the embellishment.  



Here is the inside of my card with a strip of washi tape:



I really, really, like the look of these card and hope you do too.  I hope you will stop back next week to see what the next new technique for June!

Image/Sentiment:  Sizzix Stampin' Up Thank You Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 110# White; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point

Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves

Accessories:  Enamel Dots; A Colorful Life Sprinkles Flair




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your color choices are gorgeous on this vibrant thank you card! Well done!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the effect this technique gave to your background Barb - it looks like shoals of small fish :) Love the finished card - it's really striking.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine