Sunday, October 16, 2016

Color Challenge for Camp Stamp-in-Oga



This is the second of the two cards I made for the challenges for Camp Stamp-In-Oga, which was held yesterday.  It is always great time, with a stamp class in the morning where we make 5 cards.  Then, some of the stampers plan to stay for the rest of the day and stamp away until close to midnight.  There are raffles and prizes and great food. 

This is for the color challenge. If you check back at my post from Friday, you will my card for the color challenge.  I am hoping one of the two is a winner!

I inked up the Woodlands Embossing Folder with Versamark on the "front side" and ran my vanilla piece through.  I then added copper embossing powder.  But I used a small paint brush and removed most of the powder around the trees and left it in the nooks of the branches.  I like the subtle look of the embossing.  The tag is also embossed with copper.

For the leaves, I used the baby wipe technique and re-inkers.  I really like the variety of colors on the leaves.



Here is the inside of my card:



Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Thoughtful Branches

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaroon

Ink:  Versamark; SU re-inkers for baby wipe technique

Accessories:  SU Woodlands Embossing Folder, 5/8" Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Copper Twine, Beautiful Branches Framelits



5 comments:

Margaret said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the technique.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Ooooh- this is really pretty- love the way you embossed the copper into the nitches in the trees, and the leaves are so beautifully colored. Good luck on the contest!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This card is jaw-dropping beautiful Barb! Love it!

Carol W said...

Great card Barb, I love the new look of your blog as well...(as you can tell I've been away way too long).

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

This card is beautiful! I voted for it :) And I didn't even know it was yours :)