Friday, March 15, 2024

National Poultry Day!

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month, Carol is the hostess and sent out a kit with this cute image from Stampin' Up set called Rustic Rooster.  She also included some fun patterned paper from The Paper Studio.  The theme is National Poultry Day as that is next week on the 19th. Did you know there was such a day?  I did not, nor did Carol and I am guessing, most of our Crew did not either!

I decided I wanted a white rooster, so I did not color the image at all! I die cut the image and the frame with my Circle Nestabilities. I wanted to highlight some of the sweet, rustic papers Carol sent, so I picked a layout from Gina K that I have used before to showcase three of them! I backed each piece in the same Smokey Slate. The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set that I have called Hey Chuck and was die cut with Taylored Expressions Modern Sentiment Labels.  I did not add any bling as I am sure it will be sent to a guy! This was a very fun card to make!




I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my cards this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the snowy creations this month!   

We will be back in April with the image Terry will be sending out.   Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun we  have planned!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Rustic Rooster/Hey Chuck for the sentiment

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Smokey Slate; The Paper Studio Country Road Patterned Paper

Ink:  Black

Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle Dies; Taylored Expressions Modern Sentiment Labels

5 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

What a fantastic card, Barb! I love that you left the image uncolored, it really does match the papers so well like that. And a great layout too.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your white rooster is perfect. He is able to be the focal point without overwhelming the soft-colored papers. Your card is a beauty!

Carol W said...

Barb what an awesome card this is. I love how you used so many papers and the layout is perfect to highlight the Rooster. Great card. Well done my friend.

Tracie said...

Love your card Barb. Great layout and your sentiment is perfect.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Barb - love the way you have used the papers in your background, and what a great idea not to colour the rooster :)
Blessings
Maxine