Thursday, September 12, 2024

Peace on Earth

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card. This card is #63, so we are now into year #7. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I wanted to use some of the newer Spellbinders Embossing Folders I recently purchased. I made another card that will be my October card. This card uses the In The Pines folder on The Paper Cut's Chartreuse Metallic cardstock.  I then used one of Simon Hurley's newest pastes called Slippery When Wet Astro Paste and used my finger to spread it over some of the raised needle parts. It is very random over the areas and looks very shiny in real life! The sentiment is a Simon Says Stamp die called Peace on Earth, cut from The Paper Cut's Antique Gold Metallic cardstock, and layered three times.  I die cut the embossed panel with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 along with the same Antique Gold cardstock.  There are some Trinity Gold Satin Baubles on the card.



I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it  too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to in October as we will all be back for another round! And, you will see another Spellbinder Embossing Folder!

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Chartreuse, Antique Gold Metallic; Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow

Ink:  None; Simon Hurley Slippery When Wet Astro Paste

Accessories:   Spellbinders In The Pines Embossing Folder; Trinity Stamps Gold Satin Baubles; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2


3 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, this card is really beautiful! I have not yet tried to apply the Astro Pastes with my finger. But you've given me a good reason to try it. Love that sentiment too.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh, this is a fabulous card Barb - I am only just starting to 'play' with some lunar pastes - quite different to anything I have used before..
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

What a great card Barb very elegant looking.