Saturday, July 25, 2026

Seasonal Sprig

 







Today is the 25th and I am posting 4 cards for the The Encore Challenge!  This is a monthly challenge with a group of friends from my April Retreat.  Some may post on their blog and I will note those with blogs at the end of this post.  And, some might post on other social media. Darlene came up with this challenge and these are her words:  Go and grab a stamp set, stencil or dies--your choice, that you have used once before and have always wanted to revisit it and use it again.  However, despite your best intentions, you have yet to use it!  Now's your chance! Go dig it out and have fun with it once again.  Create anything you like, a card, gift card holder, decorate a gift bag, make a refrigerator magnet...whatever lights up your creative juices! So--Encore Challenge! 




My plan is to pick a different company each month to highlight and maybe even a different product than the month before.  For July,  I picked a bundle from Taylored Expressions called Seasonal Sprig. I used this set a few years ago for my swap cards at Stamp Joy--the event TE sponsors in the fall in Des Moines.  The set includes a stamp set, matching stencils, a set of dies and a coordinating cutting plate.

I decided to make 4 cards since I had the set out on my desk.  I first stamped the berry image and ink blended with Cherry Pop and Jalapeno.  I also stamped 3 of the sentiments a few times. I die cut two of the images with the matching die and the other two with the cutting plate, which made the frame too.  




For the white card below, the background is an Altenew embossing folder called Natural Wicker.  I also added some Glossy Accents over the red berries.  I added some green enamel dots around the image.  On the green card,  I added some TE silver glitter dots.   Both cards are glued flat.



For the Cherry Pop card below, the background is an Taylored Expressions embossing folder called Tweed. The frame has dimensionals for depth and I added some TE gold glitter dots.  The Peace on Earth card has a background embossed with Sizzix Pinewood Planks and some Pinkfresh Studio Glacier Jewels.





I am not sure who will post each month on their blog, but this is a list of the other ladies who do have blogs.  Jeanette, Terry, Darlene Be sure to come back on August 25th to see another fun card for The Encore Challenge!


Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Seasonal Spring Stamp Set, Stencil Set, Matching Dies and the coordinating Cutting Plate.

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Taylored Expressions Cherry Pop, Japapeno

Ink:  Taylored Expressions Cherry Pop, Japapeno; Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Sizzix Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder; Altenew Natural Wicker Embossing Folder; Taylored Expressions Tweed Embossing Folder, Gold and Silver Glitter Dots; Pinkfresh Studio Glacier Jewels; Green Enamel Dots, Glossy Accents

No comments: