Thursday, August 6, 2026

Today I am Thankful

 


Today is the day I post my cards for our challenge called Unused No More!  This is a monthly challenge to be posted on the 6th with a group of friends from my No Foolin' Retreat.  Some may post on their blog and I will note those with blogs at the end of this post.  And, some might post on other social media.  Those that participate each month will send a picture in the text thread we have between us, showing our creation.  The premise is to use a stamp set, stencil die, hot foil plate or press plate that is new and has never been used.  So--Unused No More!  



My plan is to pick a different company each month to highlight and maybe even a different product than the month before.  For August, I picked a set from Unity called Today, I am Thankful, that includes some wonderful sentiments.   I do make about 30 Thanksgiving cards each year that our church uses to send grocery gift cards to members of our sister church in Milwaukee--so these 2 cards are a good start!

For my cards, I stamped the sentiment with Taylored Expressions Chocolate Truffle ink.  I die cut the sentiment with an older Spellbinders die called Labels 7--one of my favorite as it looks like a open book!  The background patterned paper is from a Carta Bella 6x6 paper pack called Americana.  

 


I am not sure who will post each month on their blog, but this is a list of the other ladies who do have blogs.  Links to the blogs of Jeanette, Terry, and Darlene Be sure to come back on September 6th to see another fun card from a set Unused No More. 


Image/Sentiment:  Unity Stamps Today I am Thankful

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Ivory Metallic; Stampin' Up Early Espresso; Carta Bella Americana 6x6 patterned paper

Ink:  Taylored Expressions Chocolate Truffle

Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels 7 Die; Stampin' Up Soft Suede Ribbon

No comments: