Thursday, July 21, 2016

Celebrating 29 again?!



This is my card for July's Monthly Challenge for the Creative Card Chicks.  This group is a kind of mystery image swap, where we each get an image and additional items to complete the challenge each month.  I am is the hostess this month and sent everyone this hilarious Art Impressions image, along with a few sentiments. 

I colored the image with Copics and layered three ribbons--chevron on the button, then a white grosgrain, topped by baker's twine.  I also added baker's twine to the buttons in the corner.  And yes, I do celebrate 29 every year!

Members of the Creative Card Chicks to post our cards between the 21st and 23rd of each month--so if you check the blogs on my sidebars today or in the next few days, you may see more of these wonderful creations!  Paula is the hostess for August, and I am sure she has a fun image and challenge in mind for us!  Stay tuned!






Here is the inside of my card:




This was a fun kit and I hope the other Creative Card Chicks like my card.

Image/Sentiment:  Art Impressions 29 Again Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections White; Stampin' Up Mint Macaroon, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black


Accessories:  
SU Buttons, Oval Punches, Blushing Bride 3/4" Chevron, Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbons; Pink Baker's Twine; Copic Markers





5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so colorful and pretty! Loving all the layers and your choice of colors for the image!

Thanks for a great kit!!!

Carol W said...

Barb I loved this kit thank you. It has such pretty color papers and embellies to play with. I love the colors you used on you image and the layout both inside and out is awesome....great job my friend.

MiamiKel said...

Cute cute!! Love your coloring - so vivid and bright! And hat trio of buttons - swoon! Thanks for a fun kit! Hope I did it some justice :-)

kiwimeskreations said...

Ah yes, those 29th birthdays are wonderful - as is your card Barb
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

OH, I love the colors that you used. Great layout too. I really enjoyed playing along with this kit. Thanks Barb.