Friday, June 15, 2018

June is Rose Month

If you are looking for my DT card from The Project Bin-please scroll down!


It is the 15th of the month and that means I am showing you a new Dueling Darlings card.  For our June Challenge, Carol and Shelly are the hostesses! They decided on the theme-June is Rose Month!   Shelly is the one of the Dazzlers and Carol is a Diva, the team I am on, and was are all Dueling Darlings!

Carol sent each of the Divas wonderful rose images--and we had to chose!.  I picked this one by Gina K Designs. Carol included some great patterned papers--all shades of black--her signature color! I pickled the black sparkle one--as that too is a favorite of Carol--the glitter queen!!!!  She also included some matching embellishments! This sure was a fun card to make!  And, yes it does look like the vase is a bit crooked--I guess I need to line up the die a bit better next time!  

Carol also gave us a list of the colors of roses and the significance of each one.  She asked us to tell our most favorite color of rose and to color our image that color.  My favorite color of rose is Yellow--which means Joy-Happiness-Caring-True Friendship!  That is what all of my stamping friends mean as they bring me joy and happiness!  They are all very caring and I have made some wonderful friendships!  And--I count Carol in that description too...………………...


Here is the inside of my card, with another of piece of the sweet patterned paper:





I hope all of the Darlings enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month.  Terry S and Terry A are up for the July theme, so be sure to check back!

There are a few members who do not have blogs:  Suzy and Terry S who both are on the Diva team, and Terry A, Paola and Debby who are Dazzlers.  You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Vintage Rose

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: White; Stampin' Up Old Olive, Daffodil Delight; Black Glitter Paper; Black and White Rose Patterned Paper on the inside

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; 

Accessories:  Copic Markers; Impression Obsession Ornate Oval Frame; Scallop Oval Die; Black Trim; Black and Clear Rhinestones




11 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! Love the pretty yellow rose and it's charming tilt! ;-) The black glitter paper makes a stunning background for this lovely die cut oval and yellow rose. So pretty inside and out. I love the meaning of the rose colors and think the meaning for the yellow rose most appropriate. So glad to call you friend too!!!

terry serman said...

That’s the perfect diecut to highlight your pretty roses! Love all the layering!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

beautiful card Barb! That oval die is so delicate - perfect for this image!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your beautiful rose image in yellow is gorgeous popped out with that gorgeous die! Love the idea of the image on black too. Wonderful meaning of yellow roses- that is really neat my friend!

Carol W said...

Oh Barb I love your card. Yellow is also my favorite color rose and Im so blessed by your friendship. You did an amazing job on your card. I love your oval die on the glitter paper....way to go my friend.....

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Barb - one would hardly think to use black behind a rose, but this is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

I love the black background Barb, and the lovely die cut. Really makes that rose pop! Wonderful card!

Margaret said...

Spectacular. I don't use black very often, but it really sets off the image so well. I, too, love yellow roses the most, but roses are my favorite flower no matter what the color.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, what a pretty card... lovely coloring of the roses and fun way to cut out the image, too. Lovely!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Here is to yellow roses! We love you too! That die cut scroll is just PERFECT for this image and layout. Great job this month.

HeatherB said...

Great colour choice on this one.