Sunday, August 12, 2018

Hanging Out


I am back with another card kit, so I will repeat what I wrote last week when I posted  the fist card. In January of this year, I was the recipient of the 11 card kits from a group I organized on SCS. I am very, very, VERY late in making and posting these cards.  The guidelines say that we are to post our cards within 2 months after our hostess month--the guidelines that I wrote!  That means I "should" have made all of them by the end of March.  Well--it is no longer March nor it is even the spring--and we are coming to the end of summer...……..  So--I have gotten my butt in gear and started to make the cards.  My goal NOW is to complete and post every one by the end of August!  

My wish list for my January kits was friendship and every person who sent me a very generous kit--filled with many times two or more images along with additional sentiments.  They were also filled with wonderful patterned papers and sweet embellishments.  I was spoiled that month!  I picked friendship as my theme as a number of the participants--friends in this group,  came to my house for a long weekend in January. So--I actually received a few handed to me in person--from Darlene in New Hampshire, Kelly from Florida, Jeanette from Illinois, Carol from Minnesota and Terry from Wisconsin!  It was a great few days and I know these friendship cards will bring back some wonderful memories of the great time we all had!  

This card from kit #2, from Kelly. It was a fun kit with a sweet image from Penny Black called Hanging Out!  She also included so cute patterned paper, cardstock and some wonderful embellishments! I hope that Kelly and my other friends like my creation.   

I colored one of the cats gray, the color of my hair and the other cat golden brown, to remind the color of sweet Kelly's hair.  I just love this image of these two hanging out, arm in arm, on a branch!


Here is the inside of my card:


Thanks for a great kit Kelly--it was a sweet card to make!


Image/Sentiment:  Penny Black Slapstick Hanging Out

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Cardstock:  PTI Heavyweight White; Stampin' Up Bordering Blue, Delightful Dijon; Bazzill Basic Brown; Pebbles Family Ties Patterned Paper

Accessories: 
Copic Markers; Buttons; Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon; Yellow Enamel Dots




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Barb... what a sweet card and even sweeter hearing how it came together. Love it!

Marilyn said...

Super cute card with those cats and I like how you finished the inside of it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh that is such an amazing image - just my style, as I am a 'cat' person! Love how you have used it, and matched the inside too.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness,Barb, your card is just PURRfect! How darling is this!! What a great job you did the kit and how sweetly it's colored, paired with the papers, designed! I'm just MEOWING with delight at how fabulous you created a card ~ so glad to see this beauty!

And you are inspiring me to get 'er done - right after we get home, I'll be posting, too!