Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Polished Stone



This is the 21st week of A Card a Week Challenge. One card a week--for 52 weeks--with a preset challenge for each month. June is "try a new technique" challenge.  Every Tuesday I will post a card that fits the theme of the monthly challenge. This is the first card for June!

I made this card using the Polished Stone Technique.  While it is not a "new" technique for me, it has been many years since I have done it.  I have a number of bottles of Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks, along with some of the metallic ones too.  I have had them a long time--so long that a couple of the metallic ones separated.  They do not have the metal ball in them like the newer bottles, so they had to be tossed, as no matter how much I shoot them, they were not right.  But, a quick trip to Joann's and I am set again..............  I heat embossed a very old Stampin' Up stamp called Graceful Words on vellum, suing silver powder to match the silver metallic in the background. I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I know I will use these more in the future!



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope you will stop back each Tuesday to see my creation for my A Card a Week Challenge!  June is "try a new technique" month--so be sure to check back to see what new techniques I will be showing off!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Graceful Words

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Lemon Lime Twist, Melon Mambo, Brushed Silver, White Glossy, Vellum 

Ink: Versamark

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Silver Embossing Powder;




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the polished stone background is gorgeous! Lovely card!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh Barb, this is soooo pretty! I love the elegance of the embossing on vellum so you do not loose one inch of the effect of the gorgeous background!!!

Aracelli Merla said...

This is gorgeous. I like the bits of gold that shine through.