Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Sail Away


This is the 24th week of A Card a Week Challenge. One card a week--for 52 weeks--with a preset challenge for each month. June is "try a new technique" challenge.  Every Tuesday I will post a card that fits the theme of the monthly challenge. This is the final card for June!

I made this card using my blender brushes to add color to a piece of Stampin' Up Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper.  This paper acts like a resist emboss when you add color as the pattern is glossy on the white.  I thought is pattern looks a bit like waves.

I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope you will stop back each Tuesday to see my creation for my A Card a Week Challenge!  July is up next and that is Christmas In July month--so be sure to check back to see some Christmas cards for the next month!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Sail Away

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Cajun Craze, Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper 

Ink: Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Ink; Stampin' Up Pacific Point

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Silver Brads, Pacific Point 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon; Silver Anchor Brad



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb, that paper looks AWESOME! Very impressive! And I love the boat and the overall card, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have used the paper - it certainly reminds me of waves too, especially with you blended inks over it. Fabulous card!
Blessings
Maxine

Aracelli Merla said...

Great card. I have all of these supplies and stamp set in my stash! Thanks for inspiring me to take them out and I might just CASE this one! TFS!