Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Original or Not?

 

Today is third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for July-our 26th month!  That means we are into our third year--YAY!



Jeanette provided the challenge for July when she said: I am always impressed when crafters use a stamp or die in a way other than it was intended. For instance, did you see the way Rebecca turned the evergreen tree die into banners?
Oh and here’s one from some time ago – Cornelia turned bicycle wheels into citrus fruit…
Just a few of examples to get your creativity flowing.

So here’s the July theme…
Make a card using a stamp or die in a way other than it was originally intended

Ready? Set? Go!

I went through every one of my dies and tried to come up with a "new" way to use it.  No luck.  Then, I checked my trays of punches, looking for inspiration.  Could I turn a leaf punched out and flip it upside down for an apple. Not Really!  So, now I looked at my rows of Stampin' Up stamp sets.  I spied this masculine set that I still remember winning at Camp Stamp-in-Oga about 7 years ago.  I thought the hounds-tooth bow-tie might make an interesting background if stamped in rows over the card.  So, I alternated stamping with Night of Navy and I really like the look. It may not be very original to use one stamp, used numerous times across the cardstock, to make a background, but I am not sure I have ever done it!


I did go with a traditional use of a TSOL-The Stamps of Life die called Happy Birthday Circle.


Here is the inside of my card.



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in August!  

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Dapper Dad

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Real Red;  Authentique Abroad-Touring Patterned Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy,

Accessories:  The Stamps Of Life Happy Birthday Circle




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh wow! Barb, you definitely embraced the challenge and did it beautifully! If you hadn't told me those were bowties in the background, I'm not sure I would have even noticed that they were. They create a very pretty and unique background. Love love LOVE you take on the challenge theme!

Donna said...

It took me a little bit but I finally saw the individual bow ties rather than the background. You did an amazing job with the background!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the stamp Barb - it wasn't until I saw the stamp used inside the card that I picked up the actual bow tie shape! Stunning card!
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

How very creative, Barb - creating your own background! I actually thought it was hounds tooth until I looked really close - yes! you are that good! very clever card for the 'what it's really not' and I love the contrast of the red/black and white - quite eye catchy! Bravo!