Monday, July 1, 2019

Junkie Fest 2019-Recap!


Hello Inky Friends! This is not my typical blog post, but I thought I would share some of what I did at Junkie Fest 2019!

This picture was taken after the closing banquet Saturday night.  I am on the far right, in the middle, behind a lady in a teal shirt.  Can you see me????????

I was an outstanding event and I wish anyone who has the opportunity to attend, would try to do so.  The price seems a bit high at around $650, but after you are done reading this, I hope you know it is well worth it!  The evening we arrived, the registration process with smooth--get a name tag, swag bag ticket, lanyard and head to banquet room to get swap and opening ceremonies--yes, just like the Olympics!  I did not take a picture of my swag bag, but here are are some others took--it was Amazing!  It had many, many stamping toys and a Sweet Petunia Misti Bag! So many wonderful companies were so generous with so many awesome items.  Many of the items in out bag as well as some class kits had yet to be released items--so we got to play first!



This picture was taken during the open session and I am circled on the far left.  I am siting with my friend Amy, who rode with me, a new friend Mindy, who we picked up along the way and Carol, a friend here from SCS who we picked up 20 minutes from the venue.  We were introduced to all of the teachers, and the schedule was reviewed.  Then prizes were given out!  Carol won a mini-Misti!


There was so much talent and stamping royalty in one location. I took 7 classes over the 3 days--6 two hour classes and 1 four hour class.  I added on two classes--the registration included 12 hours of class.  

First up on Thursday morning was a class with Elizabeth John from the UK.  This was our class kit and she asked us not to share details after class so others would also get excited about it.  I think we got inks, stamps, peel offs, a new 8x8 designer pack of Christmas paper from her line.  She sells kits called Love from Lizi and I might order one too.  Laura Gallimore helped her and class and I also had a class with Laura on Saturday, and of course, Lizi was helping her then too.  Double fun from the UK!


Second class Thursday morning was a class with Taylor of Taylored Expressions.  I do not have a picture of our fun kit--included stamps, dies, ink, glue pen, but we each got a set of her awesome markers that were just released last week.  We got a new package of them on Friday night as they did not come in when she left.  We made 4 cute interactive cards and played with the brushes!


Thursday afternoon was a class with Christopher Allen of Brutus Monroe and that was fun.  We also got a great kit including 5 bottles of his inks.  Sorry, no kit picture, but he sure is a hoot!

Friday morning was a class with Stephanie Klauck of MFT and Kim, the owner and her daughter and Jody Morrow were also there.  Fun class with interactive cards.  Next was the 4 hour coloring class with Kathy Racoosin--that is the one I was most anxious about.  And, when I walked in, Jennifer McGuire  was sitting in the room along with Gina K and Iliana, of My Sweet Petunia.  I told you there was stamping royalty!  We had only 9 in our class, so it was very intimate and fun.  Jennifer stayed in the entire class too.  


This was our class kit and we each got a prize of another stamp set with matching dies--I think it was Simon Says Stamp.


There was a pop-up shopping mall Thursday and Friday night with about a dozen companies--those that taught classes and also a banquet room for make 'n takes those nights too with more companies!  I did a bit of damage to my credit card as pretty much all of them gave us a sweet discount too-and no shipping charges!  Other than trying to pack all of our new goodies in my SUV on the way home.  Thank goodness Carol lives close and she had her sweet hubby pick her up Sunday morning so we only had to pack for three.  And, we had stopped at Anchor Paper and gotten 3 reams of 250 sheets of Neenah cardstock.  And, I had bought 5 boxes of 1000 envelopes from Heinrich Envelopes and Carol picked them up--two of the boxes were for Amy.  

Saturday was a a class taught by Sue from Thermoweb and the afternoon a class with Laura, with Lizi as her helper.  Again, we received great kits and also fun prizes in both classes!  I also got to spend some time with Lydia Fielder--Understandblue from SCS and she is also stamping royalty!  I did get a picture Friday night with Jennifer and Kathy.



Saturday night was the banquet.  This is our group, plus our new friend Stephanie from Massachusetts.  Mindy and Amy from Wisconsin in the front row with Carol.  Stephanie is in the back with me.


The closing ceremony, like the Olympics, was fun.  Rina and Alicia, Gina K's daughters, made a great video from the week.  Then, the final prizes were given out and I won three stamps sets from Two Paper Divas.  One of the grand prizes was a $1000 shopping spree at Brutus Monroe!  Again, awesome companies donated many, many prizes!

The venue was awesome--huge shout out to the Crowne Plaza in Plymouth, MN. Awesome food-we had a wonderful breakfast and lunch buffet every day!  There was a "snack" area by our classes that was available all day long with fruit, desserts, beverages, etc.  We even had an ice cream break between classes every afternoon!

It was so fun and it sure was worth the price and more!!!! I will be going back in 2020 for sure!   July 22-25th, I will be there!!!!!



3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Reading your recap makes me feel like I was there - sitting next to all of you fun ladies, taking the classes, hearing from 'the royalty!' What excitement is beaming from your words - I can hear the joy! LOTS of cards coming up, I'm sure - can't wait to see all that you make with your bags 'n bags of goodies!! Love this! XOXO

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Barb - what an awesome time you must have had - I would think I had gone to stamping heaven if I ever got there! Looking forward to seeing all your newly inspired projects and techniques that eventuate from this incredible gathering and all the classes you took!
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

So glad that you had a good time at the event! Thanks, for sharing the details and pics with us. You have enough merch to last until next year. I am still trying to wrap my head around 5000 envies! LOL Okay, 3000 for you! Can't wait to see your creations.....and yes, I found you in the pic!