Sunday, May 10, 2020

Stamp What?


Today is the 10th and is the 5th month of the Stamp What? challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me!  Kelly came up with the challenge to randomly pick a Stampin' Up set and make a card with that set.  Get the dust off of those forgotten Stampin' Up sets! 

I randomly picked a Stampin' Up set off of my shelf and again this time I went to the one shelf I have of wood mounted sets.  But, I must confess it was not a random pick this month.  I saw my much loved Golden Rule set and I knew I needed to make a card for one of the teachers at WHS--the high school I retired from.  They are all working so hard, but one in particular stands out for all of the extras she is doing--thanks Dena!

I stamped the school house, book and a sentiment with Cajun Craze ink.  I stamped another book and the pencils with Crushed Curry. The background paper is from Imaginisce and showcases lined grade school paper and script letters!


Here is the inside of my card, with another stamped in the corner:




Please be sure to check out the other Stamp What? cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  I hope you will stop back next month on the 10th to see our creations from dusty, old stamps!


Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Golden Rule/Altenew Heartfelt Sentiments

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze; Imaginisce School Days Patterned Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze

Accessories:  None




3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a thoughtful card Barb - worth your wee 'cheat' in the sense that it was not quite a random pick. Love the strong colours in the stamping, and the fabulous papers
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Yes! The perfect stamp set for this month's Stamp What? challenge - your school theme looks fabulous!

MiamiKel said...

I'm sure Dena will love your great card that you've made - very old fashioned feel to this one and I love your use of primary colors. Great card!