Sunday, February 14, 2021

Gel Press and Bleach


This weekend, I am participating in a fun workshop that Lydia--Understand Blue--called UNWIND Gel Press!  Lydia is showing us 8 different techniques for using that gel press we had to have and are so afraid to use it!  We then have Zoom breakout sections to work on the technique presented. It is so fun!

These two cards were made with a bleach technique.  The background is Tim Holtz Oxide Inks and then I put a masking stencil over the top.  Then, I lifted the color with my cardstock.  The images were then stamped and I used a water brush, dipped in bleach, to take away the color of the petals. I added a sentiment and a few enamel dots--done!

Here is a close up of a card using a MFT stamp called Flowers in Bloom, with my Taylored Expressions circle masking stencil. The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp sentiment package.




The second card was made using a Gina K Designs stamp called Bitty Blossom and a Taylored Expressions oval masking stencil. The image was then die cut with Gina K's Master Layouts 3. The sentiment is from the same Gina K Set.



These classes are so fun and Lydia is a great teacher.  My gel press is getting a work out this weekend and my shopping list is growing, with accessories that I know I need!




Image/Sentiment: MFT-My Favorite Things Flowers in Bloom/Gina K Designs Bitty Blooms

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Neenah Classic Crest Solar White ; Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black; Tim Holtz Oxide Inks

Accessories:  Studio Gel Press; Bleach; Taylored Expressions Masking Stencils; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 3; Enamel Dots




5 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful cards.. I have never heard of a gel press, and I'm not going to go look it up for fear I'll think I have to have one and trying so hard not to buy new stuff these days. There is so much already in my craft room. Love the technique though.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb what wonderful cards - love the effect of the masked print - and a great way to use the image too, by bleaching it out. Stunning work
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! These two beauties are fabulous! Makes me wish I had taken the class with Lydia.

Tracie said...

WOW - love the beautiful backgrounds. Going to have to pull out my gel press and give this technique a try again.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I really love the look of these cards! A fabulous result! I only hear of these workshops after they happen and mostly from you : )