Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Newton's Book Club

 




Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 41st month, so we are in our 4th year!  WOW--4 years of making two cards with the same stamp from different companies each month!



Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For May, the company is Newton's Nook.  This is a favorite company of mine as it is based in Wisconsin, a little over an hour away from me.   This company has the cutest images, especially Newton the cat and that is what I picked!  The set is called Newton's Book Club and has matching dies. There is also a coordinating 6x6 patterned paper package called Coffee House Stories.  For my cards, I used all three items!




For both cards, I picked the sheet of patterned paper I wanted to use as the background.  I also used a die cut of vellum under the colored image using a Waffle Flower Dotted Labels siw set.  I also die cut a sentiment from the same set.



For this card, I colored the books with my Copic Sketch Markers in bold colors  to match the bold background. The highlights are in lighter colors and I colored Newton in gray. I die cut the sentiment with my Taylored Expressions Modern Sentiment Labels.  I added some black baker's twine and some Taylored Expressions Black Rhinestones.  



For this card, I did the reverse of the color combinations on the books, with the darker color as the highlights as if matched the softer colored background.  I die cut the background and backer with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  The sentiment was cut with the same Waffle Flower set as the circle of vellum.   A few white enamel dots were added around the image.




I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we will highlight Taylored Expression, a favorite of all of us!  So be sure to check out our cards on June 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment: Newton's Nook Newton's Book Club Stamp set and matching die set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape, Going Gray, Vellum; Newton's Nook Coffee House Stories 6x6 patterned paper pack

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; 

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Taylored Expressions Black Rhinestones, Modern Label Sentiments; Waffle Flower Dotted Labels;  Black/White Twine; Gina K. Designs Master Layouts 2

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are just way too cute. I love the image you chose to use this month - and the coordinating DP, too. You did an outstanding job!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, how adorable! The sweet image appears to float in front of the books. Almost like we're seeing his dreams of books! You really nailed it this round, two very different cards with the same starting point. Well done!