Saturday, June 15, 2024

Sketch & Color Challenge

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit. This month, Jeanette and I came up with a challenge for July as it is the last month of our first round with the new group!  We decided to do a combined sketch and color challenge.   Jeanette created a sweet sketch for this month and I randomly pick card #74 from my Color Cube. 

We are to use 3 of the 5 colors from the cube and create a card with the sketch from Jeanette.  I think this is a very fun challenge and from the chatter from some of the group before today, it seems like others also like it.  So--you might see more in the future!

I picked my Stampin' Up set called Sailing Home as I the colors are quite tropical or water related. I stamped the lighthouse with Taylored Expressions Mocha and the sentiment from the same set in Blue Raspberry--both colors are depicted on the card.  I die cut both items from the set's matching dies.  I used the same two cardstock colors and die cut the top layer from my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  I then used a stitched rectangle die and cut a piece of vellum to layer under the lighthouse.  I added a strip of Stampin' Up's Maritime Designer Series Paper that I cut at an angle after using ML2. The final step was adding 3 enamel dot.    This was a very fun card to make!




I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my cards this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the snowy creations this month!   

We will be back in July with another challenge that Jeanette and I will be creating!  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun we  have planned!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Sailing Home Stamp Set and Matching Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Taylored Expressions Mocha, Blue Raspberry, Toffee; Stampin' Up Maritime Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Taylored Expressions Mocha, Blue Raspberry

Accessories:   Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2;  Blue Enamel Dots

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this looks amazing! I love lighthouses and this one is perfect for the color/sketch challenge!

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. Love your color combinations.

Darlene LeTavec said...

I love your card, Barb! The lighthouse is so great in those colors against the vellum. You did a great job with Jeanette's sketch and your color combo is spot on! Thanks for such a fantastic challenge this month. I loved it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a stunning card Barb - great use of the colours and the sketch!!
Blessings
Maxine